my way to slow down

I need to write some rules down. Maybe "rules" is not a great word... rather guidance. I need to have some guidance written down how to slow down in my life... How to be more alive than I am now. How to be more mindful.

1. Reconnect with my friend. Yes, I have only one friend, but still it is not easy to maintain a relationship in this world and in my life even with that one person.
2. Spend less time in front of my computer, watching TV shows. Instead - read, listen to music, spend time without a monitor.
3. Buy local food, raw ingredients, cook!
4. Have a walk, for christ sake, now and then. I see the world mostly from bus or a car. Use legs!
5. Don't fulfill the empty spots in my life with buying stuff. In most cases, I do not need these things, I am just covering empty spaces.
6. Continue therapy. Simply.
7. Allow people to upset me when they matter. Do not get upset at work. It's not worth it.
8. Have a hobby. Or hobbies. Keep them. Keep knitting, sewing, etc. Just do it.
9. Respect people. Do not assume that their intentions are bad and against me.
10. Do not assume that I need to either win or lose. Life is no war.

0 comments:

Post a Comment